Welcome to MelaNoMore
As patients living with melanoma, we understand that receiving the diagnosis can be a frightening, confusing and isolating experience. That’s why, with assistance of St Luke’s Skin Cancer Team and Macmillan Cancer Support, we’ve joined forces to create our local support group MelaNoMore.
MelaNoMore and this website has been created to help anyone affected by Melanoma who is or have been treated at the following NHS Trusts: Royal Surrey County Hospital, Ashford & St Peters, East Surrey Hospital, and Frimley Park Hospital. This includes patients, their family members/friends or carers.
Our Aims are Simple:
We provide a safe place for people to help each other, when they have been affected by Melanoma, both people who have first-hand experience of the disease as well as family members and friends who have also been affected along with their loved ones.
- We hold social events of various types on a regular basis to provide peer support in the local community.
- We also invite group members to Wellbeing Webinars throughout the year, on topics relevant to the Group members. Cancer affects all sorts of areas of our life, not just the physical but mental, spiritual, financial and social, to name but a few. We are here to help support each other to learn how to thrive and live well beyond cancer.
- We provide lots of information through this website and our facebook page to help link you up with other organisations that can provide help.
- We provide information through our monthly Newsletter.
- Our Buddy System has been running since Oct20 (see Buddies Page) so that if you’d like, you will have one to one peer support to help you through challenging times together and to celebrate every step you take forwards.
MelaNoMore is your local support group, so if you have ideas or think there is something you need, please let us know and we will work with you to develop the group in that direction.
To join the Group all you have to do is complete the Membership Form below or click here. We look forward to seeing you.
A Social and Support Group
We are a Social and Support Group who can help put you in touch with other people who have been through or are going through what you are facing now. We can also point you in the direction of help or advice. We have all been there in different ways and talking often helps. You are not alone!
Latest Updates from MelaNoMore
Latest MelaNoMore News
Wellbeing Webinar "the Journey to Sleep" by Ati on Wed 11Oct23 @ 7pm
Please join us on Zoom using the link below:
The meeting ID: 875 8787 1050 Passcode 677216
MelaNoMore's Xmas Party will be on Tue 5th December
Gorse Hill, Woking
Royal Surrey Community Open Day held 23Sep23
Newsletter for September
In this issue:
• September-Indian Summer
• Self Care September
• Summer BBQ
• New Skin Cancer Therapy
• Science Daily Report
• Vitamin D Benefits
• Buddies report
• *** STOP PRESS ***
• DJ Chris Evans’ Melanoma
• And more………..
Enjoyable Summer BBQ held on Sat 19Aug23
Successfully held at Weybourne House, Guildford on Saturday 19th August, 2023.
Scars and Scar Management Slides & Webinar Video available
SSCA Valuable Health & Wellbeing Films for Cancer Patients - 9 now available
Thinking of Joining MelaNoMore
Please complete this Membership Form to join MelaNoMore and we will contact you asap by email or telephone. All your details will be kept secure and not shared with a 3rd party without your permission.
Through social & virtual events, such as our Wellbeing Webinars, where everyone can meet, chat and seek advice. We have now returned to "real" social gatherings.
Click here for ~ Newsletters
As well as running educational events, we have a website where lots of information about Melanoma, will be easily accessible and pooled into one simple point of access.