St Luke’s Cancer Centre
St Luke’s provides the focus at the centre of 5 Cancer Locations, RSCH, Frimley Park, East Surrey, St Peter’s and Ashford.
St. Luke’s Cancer Centre
To see Patient Information Leaflet by Royal Surrey NHS Foundation Trust on Macmillan Gynaecological Cancer Clinical Nurse Specialist:
Click Here for Leaflet
Current Status of St Luke's Level B Entrance 22Sep23
The front of Level B has advanced right upto where the Drive-By Pharmacy is located.
The Drive-By Pharmacy is still in operation with 3 parking places on opposite side of the road.
Click here to view letter sent to Visiting Patients on 28Mar23
We're are transforming St Luke's Cancer Centre
We are expanding and modernising St Luke’s Cancer Centre to provide the space and facilities needed to support the increasing demand for our cancer services.
Our building plans have been developed with the needs of our patients at the heart and create welcoming, patient-focused spaces with more facilities and easy access between waiting areas, clinical rooms and patient services.
The plans include:
- Double the amount of clinical space.
- Lighter, brighter and more spacious entrances and waiting areas for outpatient services and radiotherapy.
- The St Luke’s café will be relocated within the centre and be larger.
- Larger, centrally located phlebotomy space, with easier access.
- Redesigned walkways to make it easier for patients to walk between treatment and appointment rooms, which will support a higher footfall of patients.
- More changing areas including walk-through changing facilities in the radiotherapy treatment area, so patients can go straight from the changing room into their appointment room, enhancing privacy and dignity.
- Additional bathroom facilities, to support the large increase in footfall since the unit opened 25 years ago.
- The Fountain Centre – which offers complementary therapies and emotional support to patients and their families – will be brought into the St Luke’s building, making it more accessible and integrated into the hospital’s cancer service.
What does the build mean for our patients and their visitors?
Your appointments and care will continue as usual but we might ask you to navigate around the area differently, so please bear with us and we will keep you updated.
The building work began in August 2022 and expect the project to complete in two years.
A New St Luke’s ~ For Video click on the first Links below:
PET-CT Scanner Centre
Guildford PET-CT Centre
We now have a brand new PET-CT Centre on the Surrey Research Park, purely for PET-CT scans. This houses the latest PET Scanner which is twice as fast as the previous one at GDI. That is around 40 scans a day.
The new scanner is slightly shorter, so that those taller than 1.7m have to be turned around to scan the lower legs.
It is located at: Guildford PET-CT Centre, Stephenson Road, Surrey Technology Centre, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YE at the top of the Research Park.
The existing Guildford Diagnostic Imaging, located at the rear of RSCH, will now concentrate on running just MRI scans.
It is in a great location with its own free carpark, next to a lake ideal for the “driver” to wait for the patient.
There are 6 cubicals with real doors and special “Blue & Orange Rooms”, which have a rear door leading directly onto the PET-CT Scanner.
Through social & virtual events, such as our Wellbeing Webinars, where everyone can meet, chat and seek advice. We have now returned to "real" social gatherings.
Click here for ~ Newsletters
As well as running educational events, we have a website where lots of information about Melanoma, will be easily accessible and pooled into one simple point of access.